Genomic Health
www.genomichealth.com Redwood City, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great place to work

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking in a cutting edge industry. Financial compensation is excellent. Laid back work environment with excellent work/life balance. Great location and interesting projects. You are given autonomy over your projects for the most part.

ConsSomewhat of a nerdy atmosphere. The cafeteria needs a MAJOR revamp. New hire training is too general and doesn't focus on the actual work that will be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seem to be many layers of management here with more emphasis on delegation and less emphasis on teamwork. It would be nice if everyone didn't focus so much on their title.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great place to work,but perhaps some problems in IT

I have been working at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great corporate culture that is mostly the result of great leadership… Cons: I am not in the IT group, but its generally known that it's dysfunctional, inefficient, highly political and that it has… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! And hold on to the CEO Kim P! Her style really works wonders for morale. I look… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great individual contributors, inefficient leaders (in IT)

IT Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Genomic Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The folks who do the real work (developers, systems analysts, project managers and testers are excellent at what they do)… Cons: IT Management (director level and above) folks think too highly of themselves and the environment is very political. Truth seeking is supposed to be a… Advice to Senior Management: Get real and be true to the values of the company. Hold people accountable when shoddy work is done. Set a good… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Genomic Health.

Worked for Genomic Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genomic Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genomic Health CEO Kim Popovits. All reviews posted anonymously by Genomic Health employees.