Lack of Communication - Incompetent / Dishonest Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Genova Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

Management does not communicate with employees at all. There is a fair amount of improper conduct going on around the office and management is either blind or ignores it. The office is in a very dangerous area where you need to be escorted to and from your car. Gang fights have been reported on the property as well as one recent car jacking in the parking lot.

Advice to Management

Dishonesty in the workplace is not a business builder.

Other Employee Reviews for Genova Technologies

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

I have been working at Genova for three months. I have a disability and have found Genova to be extremely accommodating and willing to go the extra mile to help me with any issues that I may have. Management has been extremely willing to work with my limitations. Genova truly values employee diversity and building relationships with its employees, its prospective employees/candidates, and its customers. I am extremely happy with my salary/compensation plan.

Cons

None! The company is great and I wouldn't change a thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Software Engineering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Genova Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Genova is a "smaller feel" Woman Owned Small Business, with a real family atmosphere. A very strong work ethic by all the staff and teams. Very stable client base with a lot of repeat, scheduled work and backlog. Very stable. All the management is very accessible. Good communications on plans and forecasts to entire company. Midwest pay rates, great benefits and flexibility.

Cons

Midwest pay rates, but very stable work environment. Local deployments sometimes needed when working on some development teams Management tends to focus on "staffing customers" more than developing long-term project/program customers and opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Would like to see a more diverse customer base. Perhaps a more aggressive training/development program for your employees to encourage and reward skills development.