Gensler

www.gensler.com

It's the #1 Company year after year for a Reason...

Interior Designer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReally supportive colleagues and bosses
Incredible opportunities for continuing education in what you're interested in and what Gensler is interested in
Projects are extremely diverse, plentiful, and you can develop long term relationships with clients
Project Managers give you the liberty to guide your own path and responsibility
Clients are long term and already have built trust relationships with Gensler. Much easier to build more design ideas onto a trusting partner
Bonuses (Holiday and mid-year are better than competitors. Overtime really acts as an incentive as the year goes on rather than being paid a higher salary up front and then zero overtime).
People are golden at this firm. They hire based on personality and moral/ethics and make sure people play well with eachother.
There is a genuine camaraderie that cannot be replaced and cannot be duplicated. If you're lucky to get an interview, give this place a chance and remember the people who typically post on any of these websites are negative.

ConsLike any other A&D firm, the hours are long and the pay is low. We are in this profession for the passion we feel for this field, not more and not less.
It is a bigger firm, so if you are the type to get wrapped up in any "office politics" (which by the way are ANYWHERE you go), you may not find this the right fit. If you are quiet, but feel comfortable speaking up when you're not comfortable, you will be heard and the leaders will do a really good job of placing you where you need to go in the next 2 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! The culture is amazing, we have more get togethers and parties then you could imagine, and you're always there when somebody really needs you.

Stay Away from the Machine

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Benefits Nice office and location Cons: No work /balance life No compassion for Hurricane Sandy victim's Will make… Advice to Senior Management: Be more compassionte, the bottom line is important; but you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A well oiled machine that treats you like a machine

Job Captain (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Gensler full-time for more than a year

Pros: Plenty of resources and experience that cuts out the mundane parts of the job. The materials libraries, blocks, presentation templates, and client relations… Cons: Because they pay overtime, they treat you like you have no right to leave. Project managers NEVER tell the client no and… Advice to Senior Management: Tell the client no enough to sustatin a healthy work/life balance for employees. The reason ALL projects assume ridiculous schedules is because the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gensler.

Worked for Gensler? Contribute to the Community!