Gentex (Michigan)

www.gentex.com
  www.gentex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gentex (Michigan)

It was a good place to start

Current Employee - Production Group Leader
Current Employee - Production Group Leader

I have been working at Gentex (Michigan)

Pros

It was a good place to start right out of college. Good bonuses, good atmosphere, learned a lot that enabled me to move on to a bigger/better job elsewhere

Cons

Worked 55-60+ hours each week for a $40,000 salary. All of my employees made way more per year than I did since I didn't get paid overtime. Way too much demand for the amount they are willing to pay. Guess that explains the high turnover. Other than that though, good place to work!

Allow salaried employees to comp back hours over 45 per week. Or pay them what a 60 hour week is worth.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Gentex (Michigan) (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, nice work facility.

I worked at Gentex (Michigan)

Pros

80% market share allows great profit margins. Solid and conservative financial approach. Gets great support from local government and is a major employer. Low turn-over (before auto collapse).

Cons

More geared to reactionary instead of preventative work style and philosophy. This is an automotive supplier and is vulnerable to that industry's cyclical nature.

NEVER let go of the reigns Fred! (current CEO). Deep and true quality effort is needed to be re-established. Carefully select and utilize expert consultants to get up to speed quicker.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Gentex (Michigan) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good quarterly profit-sharing bonuses, pleasant co-workers, supportive atmosphere. Its a good place to gain experience in that people tend to be cooperative rather than competitive in the workplace. Gentex also supports the concept of family first.

Cons

Executive leadership is losing sight of the little guys. It's become a cut-throat power struggle at the upper level instead of the cooperation necessary to move the company forward with new products. Need to broaden product lines to remove dependency on the automotive market.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentex (Michigan)