There are newer employer reviews for Gentex (Michigan)

It was a good place to start

Current Employee - Production Group Leader
Current Employee - Production Group Leader

I have been working at Gentex (Michigan)

Pros

It was a good place to start right out of college. Good bonuses, good atmosphere, learned a lot that enabled me to move on to a bigger/better job elsewhere

Cons

Worked 55-60+ hours each week for a $40,000 salary. All of my employees made way more per year than I did since I didn't get paid overtime. Way too much demand for the amount they are willing to pay. Guess that explains the high turnover. Other than that though, good place to work!

Allow salaried employees to comp back hours over 45 per week. Or pay them what a 60 hour week is worth.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Gentex (Michigan) (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, nice work facility.

I worked at Gentex (Michigan)

Pros

80% market share allows great profit margins. Solid and conservative financial approach. Gets great support from local government and is a major employer. Low turn-over (before auto collapse).

Cons

More geared to reactionary instead of preventative work style and philosophy. This is an automotive supplier and is vulnerable to that industry's cyclical nature.

NEVER let go of the reigns Fred! (current CEO). Deep and true quality effort is needed to be re-established. Carefully select and utilize expert consultants to get up to speed quicker.

Great company with very fun and exciting work environment!

Former Employee - Electrical Hardware Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Electrical Hardware Project Engineer

I worked at Gentex (Michigan) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at Gentex is very laidback. People are very willing to help one another without having to really hassle anyone. The opportunity for professional growth and career advancement are very good. This is a very family oriented and supportive company. Quarterly profit sharing bonuses can be pretty significant if the company is doing well.

Cons

The only downside is that the base salary is generally lower than the market average for most positions. Quarterly bonuses help to bridge this gap but they are not guaranteed.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentex (Michigan)

Worked for Gentex (Michigan)? Contribute to the Community!