Gentiva

The Worst Job I've Ever Had

Nurse (Former Employee)
Dothan, AL

I worked at Gentiva

ProsThe appreciation shown by patients and families. Otherwise, a terrible place to work.

ConsRidiculous workloads, non-exempt employees working without compensation, blatant disrespect of management towards their employees, ignorant management, firing of good, hardworking people for absurd reasons, and a generally hostile working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employeees. Your hired them because because of the knowledge, experience and good character they possess; these are the same reasons they should be listened to and heard when they have problems and concerns. To stand up in front of a room of professional adults and refer to their concerns as "bitching and moaning" is childish, ignorant and simply unacceptable.

Too much paperwork!!!

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
Hickory, NC

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros: Flexible work hours. No one closely watching over your shoulder. Good pay. Do not have to drive long distances between patients. … Cons: Too much paperwork. Communication between office and field clinicians not always good. Too many meetings. Annual employee reviews and raises are not… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more atttention to the needs of your field clinicians. They ultimately make or break your company. Put just as much effort into… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Gentiva's Benefit Program needs attention.

Nurse (Current Employee)
Flint, MI

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros: Most patients are enjoyable to work with. Cons: The person responsible for assigning work (patients) can make or break you. If you are his or her buddy, the cases can be given to… Advice to Senior Management: Improve the retirement plan. Gentiva does not contribute anything to your retirement until employed for one year. If you don't stay for 5 years you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentiva CEO Tony Strange. All reviews posted anonymously by Gentiva employees.