Gentiva
www.gentiva.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Gentiva's Benefit Program needs attention.

Nurse (Current Employee)
Flint, MI

ProsMost patients are enjoyable to work with.

ConsThe person responsible for assigning work (patients) can make or break you. If you are his or her buddy, the cases can be given to you within a 10 mile radius and the patients living on the other side of town can be given to others. Since you are paid on a per visit basis, one nurse or therapist can see 6 patients in 4 hours, while another nurse or therapist would see 6 patients in 6-7 hours due to all the time spent driving. Driving time is down time.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the retirement plan. Gentiva does not contribute anything to your retirement until employed for one year. If you don't stay for 5 years you don't get to keep all of the part contributed by the employer. If you opt out of taking the health benefits, thus saving Gentiva lots of dollars, they give you absolutely nothing. This is unfair. They save 7-8,000.00 and they can't give an employee $500.00 for jumping on their spouses health care plan? In the new employee handbook there is only one paragraph, two sentences, regarding the retirement plan. One would think they could, perhaps, be a little more thoughtful regarding their retirement plan??

Good company, hard times.

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros: Extraordinarily ethical. Service to people who need it desparately. Flexible schedule.… Cons: Volatile industry and healthcare environment. Limited to Medicare and a few other insurance providers.… More

Patients are treated like numbers

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: good co-workers at a local level Cons: Admissions are all that corp cares about. Sure you have to make money to stay in business but employees are treated like numbers also. Our… Advice to Senior Management: Please sell us to a company that cares No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentiva CEO Tony Strange. All reviews posted anonymously by Gentiva employees.