stepping stone

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

work independently, set own schedule for the most part.

Cons

your work day...never ends, lack of planning on scheduling part becomes your emergency

Advice to Management

increase mileage reimbursement

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

my experience with Gentiva has been somewhat dissatisfied they don't seem tocare about people.

Current Employee - Caregiver in Hugo, OK
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Hugo, OK

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Anyone would or should be proud to work with the elderly as well as the disabled. I love my job only because I know I am doing good for others that can not help themselves. I like the freedom of coming and going to different homes. I can't see being couped up all day in a tiny cubicule.

Cons

Well the office staff dont communicate with one another, so in other words no one knows what is going on. They need a little one on one with the patients they have or they are going to loose them to another homehealth care company. One can not seem to get a raise at any time. The main branch can not get things straight and dont have a clue as to what their employees go through for them.

Advice to Management

The management needs to care more for their patients and show it,as well as for their employees. If you dont keep these two happy then you loose your business. Botton line no business no money.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kannapolis, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kannapolis, NC

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Generous PTO, growing business, excellent co-workers, ability to learn a lot about the home care industry, comfortable working environment, fair compensation

Cons

Managers are power hungry and worry more about the bottom line financially than patient care. Medicare patients are the goal and get the best care the fastest. Employees are overworked and stressed and hiring doesn't keep up with growth.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what your directors are doing. The smallest employees still have things to say and shouldn't be ignored.