There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

Pay is great. Patients varied. Be prepared to live, breath, work.

Current Employee - RN Staff  in  Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - RN Staff in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers, working with geriatric patient population with a variety of issues. Keeping the same patients for extended periods of time, teaching, treating, collaborating with other members of health care team. Great online education program with CEUs. Though work schedule makes it difficult to make use of it. Even finding the time/energy to do annual mandatory lessons is difficult. Call is currently scheduled among the clinicians and not scheduled for you.

Cons

A slightly flexible schedule, you can expect to work 12+ hours most days and "catching up" on weekends or doing call. Currently work two weekend days a month giving you a two 6 day work weeks with one day off in the middle. The redundancy and sheer enormity of paperwork is daunting. The necessity of all the paperwork is not always apparent and always seems to be just "one more form".

Make a presence to encourage and support. Not to just monitor performance and pile on new requirements. You must figure a way to lighten the load or the current revolving door will of employees will continue. Would like to know the current avg time on the job of the RN Case Manager.

214 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

stepping stone

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

work independently, set own schedule for the most part.

Cons

your work day...never ends, lack of planning on scheduling part becomes your emergency

increase mileage reimbursement

my experience with Gentiva has been somewhat dissatisfied they don't seem tocare about people.

Current Employee - Caregiver  in  Hugo, OK
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Hugo, OK

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Anyone would or should be proud to work with the elderly as well as the disabled. I love my job only because I know I am doing good for others that can not help themselves. I like the freedom of coming and going to different homes. I can't see being couped up all day in a tiny cubicule.

Cons

Well the office staff dont communicate with one another, so in other words no one knows what is going on. They need a little one on one with the patients they have or they are going to loose them to another homehealth care company. One can not seem to get a raise at any time. The main branch can not get things straight and dont have a clue as to what their employees go through for them.

The management needs to care more for their patients and show it,as well as for their employees. If you dont keep these two happy then you loose your business. Botton line no business no money.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!