Gentiva

www.gentiva.com

Learned a great deal about what NOT to do

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe pay has been decent and competetive in this area, but not getting bonuses or pay increases this year when upper management did is a real slap in the face. Oops! That turned into a con!

ConsWhere do I start? How about at the top: Tony Strange is only concerned about his own income. He doesn't care about the employees, patients, or stockholders. When the stock was down to about $2.00 per share and he was on a call with the employees (many of whom are stockholders) he had the audacity to say that he didn't care about the stock price!! Of course not, he had just been reconfirmed as CEO! Jerk!
Next there is the Board. This a group of the most arrogant and useless bunch of people I have ever encountered. They definitely fit well with Tony Strange--line their pockets and move on. Plus, they're abusive: would you enjoy working for someone who ignores your opinions and advice even though you've worked at Gentiva for years (while it was profitable) as a highly trained professional in the industry? I don't think so.
Now for those at the VP level... This group is so scared of losing their jobs, they won't make any changes. The Board and the CEO has made it clear--keep your mouth shut and do what you're told. I feel sorry for them, because they see the damage that is being done and many of them would like to make the right changes but their hands are tied.
Everyone below the VP level is just a victim of the garbage that starts at the top and rolls down hill.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to those who report to you. They want success just as much as you do, but they're also concerned about the success of the company--because they DEPEND on it. You have a great deal of knowledgeable people. Don't discount their innovativeness, dedication, and experience!

They do not stand by their employees.

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for less than a year

Pros: Salary is adequate for the job. Cons: Office staff I'd inconsistent and will run you all over… Advice to Senior Management: Be onset with our employees and have a more professional… More

Best place to work

Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

I worked at Gentiva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work/Life balance is superb, compensation is in the upper range what industry pays,… Cons: There are really no cons except for centralized decission… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!