Gentiva
www.gentiva.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

National home health company attempting to do hospice.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsLarge national organization in a competitive market with deeper pockets than "mom & pop's" have access to.

ConsLarge corporation that makes local decision-making impossible. Too much middle-management!
Acquisition of Odyssey & VistaCare Hospice poorly executed - one name/brand would have been much more effective and seamless...Gentiva Home Health & Hospice.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all the new layers of middle management and pay your employees better. Corporate templates just don't work in smaller markets. Give your sites more autonomy in their decision making to allow for more success in each market. Find ways to better appreciate and reward your biggest asset - your dedicated employees!

Dissatisfied habilitation specialist at gentiva health

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gentiva part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great feling Helping others and nothing else Cons: Low pay, lack of opportunity, and inflexible schedule More

Satisfied with my employment at this company.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Gentiva full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Room for advancement helping people let me be the nurse I wanted… Cons: Need to get on board with a decent EMR! Advice to Senior Management: Not all markets are the same. Can not run a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentiva CEO Tony Strange. All reviews posted anonymously by Gentiva employees.