Gentiva

www.gentiva.com

Good place to work hard

OTR/L (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSupportive and friendly, collegial atmosphere in local branch office where I worked and in another where I assisted frequently. However, the administrative folks at higher levels were more of a mixed bag and they could cause downstream floods. Training was good - 4/5, and one could use corp resources to meet licensure needs. The freedom to set your own schedule can be a double edged sword. OT's and SLP's have the opportunity to enjoy long rides in the country, or through city traffic. These mostly are interesting people in their own homes where you can truly and manifestly contribute to the quality of life and the best ability to function.

ConsAs I mentioned above, the regional administrators could put pressure on the office manager and other administrators that made the difficulties of the job quite unpleasant. Paperwork continued to expand under the CMS regs and despite 3 years of reassurances that computerized documentation was just around the corner, that corner must have been massive. The corp must have been more concerned with expansion than retention. Turnover was constant in all clinical positions. SLP's and OT's find that their time traveling without time reimbursement or adequate mileage rates is 3x or more that of PT's sue to the relatively greater concentration of PT patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer ladders with internal titles are less motivating than certifications that are recognized apart from the corp structure. Computerized documentation will lead to more satisfaction and organization of the clinicians. Above all, keep the atmosphere collegial and supportive. I watched 90% of the therapists leave the company while I was there and since I left.

Manager of Clinical Practice

Clin (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Access to continuing education / Gentiva University Great Benefits Cons: Inflexible with work schedule Big Corporation can be Inpersonal Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Get ready to not have a life outside of work

RN Field (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay, benefits, Gentiva University, great co-workers Cons: Overwhelming patient load quite often, you will be asked to document things that you didn't do by case managers to cover their tails, low mileage… Advice to Senior Management: Home charting time should be paid at least at a base level to compensate or extend the visit to extended visit rate.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!