There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

Good for a clinical person, not so great as a corporate person.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generous PTO - 4 weeks.
Benefits ok
Amazing nurses and therapists

Cons

Execs not willing to invest in infrastructure
Entire company centers around sales

Need new management.

224 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

Good place to work hard

Former Employee - OTR/L in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - OTR/L in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Gentiva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive and friendly, collegial atmosphere in local branch office where I worked and in another where I assisted frequently. However, the administrative folks at higher levels were more of a mixed bag and they could cause downstream floods. Training was good - 4/5, and one could use corp resources to meet licensure needs. The freedom to set your own schedule can be a double edged sword. OT's and SLP's have the opportunity to enjoy long rides in the country, or through city traffic. These mostly are interesting people in their own homes where you can truly and manifestly contribute to the quality of life and the best ability to function.

Cons

As I mentioned above, the regional administrators could put pressure on the office manager and other administrators that made the difficulties of the job quite unpleasant. Paperwork continued to expand under the CMS regs and despite 3 years of reassurances that computerized documentation was just around the corner, that corner must have been massive. The corp must have been more concerned with expansion than retention. Turnover was constant in all clinical positions. SLP's and OT's find that their time traveling without time reimbursement or adequate mileage rates is 3x or more that of PT's sue to the relatively greater concentration of PT patients.

Career ladders with internal titles are less motivating than certifications that are recognized apart from the corp structure. Computerized documentation will lead to more satisfaction and organization of the clinicians. Above all, keep the atmosphere collegial and supportive. I watched 90% of the therapists leave the company while I was there and since I left.

Manager of Clinical Practice

Current Employee - Clin in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Clin in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Access to continuing education / Gentiva University
    Great Benefits

Cons

Inflexible with work schedule
    Big Corporation can be Inpersonal