Gentiva
www.gentiva.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

LPN

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at Gentiva full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHome health care is fun, laid back. Work independently in the field . A lot of PTO

ConsPay per visit, a lot of sitting in my car hoping a RN would need help with visits as I had to be available 8 to 4 whether I had visits or not. I did not live in the area I covered so I wasn't able to go home and wait.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that when we are slow there are days we would sit around for hours hoping for a call and not getting paid. There were days I only had 2 visits so would hang out for hours and at the end of the day if you average out my time I would make less than minimum wage per hour for that. Day. And if it was a day I needed child care it would actually cost me money to work.

Patient Care Manager

Patient Care Manager (Current Employee)
Greenville, SC

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong but approachable leadership. Always sensitive to meeting all… Cons: IT still in dark ages. Need computerized systems. Advice to Senior Management: Update Information Systems Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good for a clinical person, not so great as a corporate person.

Office Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Generous PTO - 4 weeks. Benefits ok Amazing nurses and therapists Cons: Execs not willing to invest in infrastructure Entire company centers around… Advice to Senior Management: Need new management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gentiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gentiva CEO Tony Strange. All reviews posted anonymously by Gentiva employees.