Gentiva

gentiva lacks integrity......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

flexible schedule, usually got pto for time requested, managers not micromanaging your schedule

Cons

pay per visit is horrible set up, declining ethics, poor management - out of the loop with regard to pt care issues, work time, etc., bonus went to management and marketers but should be shared with field staff b/c we are the ones that are doing the day to day care, making patients happy and healthy and return clients

wow....get a grip on yourselves and appreciate your caregivers. we are the ones who make gentiva what they are. i have been so very disappointed in the past 2 years, watching the company and management take a nose dive. management is ineffective and rather top heavy - tony strange, look at making the cuts from there because you have a lot of branch & program directors and regional people who don't work a great deal, let alone ever kick in and help the field staff. gentiva has been progressively unprofessional, unethical and dishonest with staff. we are not desperate (which is what we were told at our branch at a meeting...."you need us, we don't need you....you are all replacable." so many of us have moved on. unfortunately, kharma will get you. you have lost a great deal of caregivers and you seem to be replacing them with heartbeats and warm bodies. patients are seeing this poor quality of service, doctors are aware, and referrals will slow, especially when they find the quality therapists and nurses are going to other companies.

244 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

Poor and ineffective management!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

The hours are somewhat flexible, the pay is decent, the patients really appreciate what you do for the most part.

Cons

There is a lot of paper work. There is lack of communication between field staff and office staff. They overwork their employees with too many patients and too many sheets of paper to fill out. There is not enough "thank yous" for what we do in the field. What you do is never enough. The management is poor quality and lacks knowledge about the medicare/medicaid/insurance rules and regulations.

Listen to your staff not just the office staff but the field staff as well. Pay attention to your management or in this case the lack of good management. If you have multiple people leaving that have been with your company for several years there is a problem you should try to find it. Find a balance with referrals if needed. I know it costs money to do that but if your staff is seeing 10-12 patients and day and not seeing their family they will leave. Work on employee retention. There is no follow up for the new employees after a few weeks to make sure everything is OK or to see if they are drowning in the home health process.

The Worst Job I've Ever Had

Former Employee - Nurse in Dothan, AL
    Former Employee - Nurse in Dothan, AL

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

The appreciation shown by patients and families. Otherwise, a terrible place to work.

Cons

Ridiculous workloads, non-exempt employees working without compensation, blatant disrespect of management towards their employees, ignorant management, firing of good, hardworking people for absurd reasons, and a generally hostile working environment.

Listen to your employeees. Your hired them because because of the knowledge, experience and good character they possess; these are the same reasons they should be listened to and heard when they have problems and concerns. To stand up in front of a room of professional adults and refer to their concerns as "bitching and moaning" is childish, ignorant and simply unacceptable.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva