There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

Poor management

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant
Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

Flexible schedule, close to home, a few nurses, PTs good to work with.

Cons

Unethical, was asked to perform activities outside of scope of practice for a PTA, some therapists took patients according to diagnosis, area they lived, leaving PTA's to travel long distances, pay was per visit, no pay for travel time. Management did not promote working as a team. Unable to find written eval info to be able to follow PT POC, worked there for over a year, then told during evaluation that I had not been writing notes appropriately, was never told how due to poor orientation, had asked for input, none given, ultimately given poor evaluation on paperwork.

Treat your clinicians better, keeping clinicians on board is more cost effective than constantly orienting new therapists.

209 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

gentiva lacks integrity......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

flexible schedule, usually got pto for time requested, managers not micromanaging your schedule

Cons

pay per visit is horrible set up, declining ethics, poor management - out of the loop with regard to pt care issues, work time, etc., bonus went to management and marketers but should be shared with field staff b/c we are the ones that are doing the day to day care, making patients happy and healthy and return clients

wow....get a grip on yourselves and appreciate your caregivers. we are the ones who make gentiva what they are. i have been so very disappointed in the past 2 years, watching the company and management take a nose dive. management is ineffective and rather top heavy - tony strange, look at making the cuts from there because you have a lot of branch & program directors and regional people who don't work a great deal, let alone ever kick in and help the field staff. gentiva has been progressively unprofessional, unethical and dishonest with staff. we are not desperate (which is what we were told at our branch at a meeting...."you need us, we don't need you....you are all replacable." so many of us have moved on. unfortunately, kharma will get you. you have lost a great deal of caregivers and you seem to be replacing them with heartbeats and warm bodies. patients are seeing this poor quality of service, doctors are aware, and referrals will slow, especially when they find the quality therapists and nurses are going to other companies.

Poor and ineffective management!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

The hours are somewhat flexible, the pay is decent, the patients really appreciate what you do for the most part.

Cons

There is a lot of paper work. There is lack of communication between field staff and office staff. They overwork their employees with too many patients and too many sheets of paper to fill out. There is not enough "thank yous" for what we do in the field. What you do is never enough. The management is poor quality and lacks knowledge about the medicare/medicaid/insurance rules and regulations.

Listen to your staff not just the office staff but the field staff as well. Pay attention to your management or in this case the lack of good management. If you have multiple people leaving that have been with your company for several years there is a problem you should try to find it. Find a balance with referrals if needed. I know it costs money to do that but if your staff is seeing 10-12 patients and day and not seeing their family they will leave. Work on employee retention. There is no follow up for the new employees after a few weeks to make sure everything is OK or to see if they are drowning in the home health process.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!