Cautious Optimism

I have been working at Gentiva full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with; Focus on patient care; Good benefits; Clinicians are very caring and try hard to meet all the needs of each and every patient. PTO time is very generous;

Cons

Work load can be overwhelming; Work in a lifesmart office and the challenges are so overwhelming that it is heart breaking. Struggle to complete workloads day in and day out. Multiple hours to chart which causes high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Invest more in individual office management. The branch is the backbone of the company. If they are overworked, unhappy and stressed, it shows and grows. Allow more field staff per office and do not just base everything on the "numbers."

Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva

nice people, poor organizational system

Former Contractor - Home Care RN in Scranton, PA
    Former Contractor - Home Care RN in Scranton, PA

I worked at Gentiva as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

large company, many educational resources, office staff was very nice & did their best.

Cons

I worked as a per diem home care nurse. There was very little opportunity for local sites to make any changes to the system in place, even when it didnt work for them. Field Home care nurses were on paper documentation systems when I worked there, and it was very difficult to get information on the patients you were seeing.Before I left, the full timers were getting changed to some sort of a minimun quota system for pay (taken away from a salary position)... so if it was a slow week for referrals or visits (which was out of their hands), they did not meet their quota and did not get full pay. I don't know how they were able to pay their bills without knowing how much they were going to get from their paychecks.

Advice to Management

Listen to the field nurses more. Get a better system (although with the new Electronic health records requirement, I am hoping they have).

This company has no problem taking all they can get out of employees with little in return

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Southfield, MI

I worked at Gentiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great field staff. Loved my team members.

Cons

The lack of informed and competent management. Micro management by uninformed staff. No support or help from upper management. Job duties and protocol change daily without informing field staff

Advice to Management

Good employees are treated poorly, that's why they have all left.