Gentiva

www.gentiva.com
  www.gentiva.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva

Low pay for employees, low rent behavior by managers

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

Experience working under all kinds of adverse conditions, all kinds of management out to cheat you of fair pay for work performed. It will teach you a lot of the underhanded ways corporations take advantage of workers in health care, by using their good nature and willingness to help people, to trap them into working for almost nothing. Sadly, they succeed in this for awhile, until the employee wises up and leaves. Experiencing this kind of treatment can be good, helps you to recognize it when it happens again, so you can get out faster.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, no-brained management or worse, scheming management. Tons of paperwork for no pay. The per visit pay scale is a joke. The office staff can make it unprofitable for you to work by scheduling your work visits way far apart so your driving time isn't compensated. Pay for being on call is ridiculous. Did I mention low pay?

Make an honest living instead of spending your time scheming how to get out of paying your workers a fair share of the profits you make from milking the Medicare program and private insurance companies out of money meant to go toward health care. Share more with the people who actually do the work. They deserve it, not the shareholders. If someone is going to profit from health care funds, if more funds are going to be paid out than need to be, then people in direct care should do at least ok. NONE of your nurses or home health care aides are earning a decent livng.

237 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

Poor management

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

Flexible schedule, close to home, a few nurses, PTs good to work with.

Cons

Unethical, was asked to perform activities outside of scope of practice for a PTA, some therapists took patients according to diagnosis, area they lived, leaving PTA's to travel long distances, pay was per visit, no pay for travel time. Management did not promote working as a team. Unable to find written eval info to be able to follow PT POC, worked there for over a year, then told during evaluation that I had not been writing notes appropriately, was never told how due to poor orientation, had asked for input, none given, ultimately given poor evaluation on paperwork.

Treat your clinicians better, keeping clinicians on board is more cost effective than constantly orienting new therapists.

gentiva lacks integrity......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

flexible schedule, usually got pto for time requested, managers not micromanaging your schedule

Cons

pay per visit is horrible set up, declining ethics, poor management - out of the loop with regard to pt care issues, work time, etc., bonus went to management and marketers but should be shared with field staff b/c we are the ones that are doing the day to day care, making patients happy and healthy and return clients

wow....get a grip on yourselves and appreciate your caregivers. we are the ones who make gentiva what they are. i have been so very disappointed in the past 2 years, watching the company and management take a nose dive. management is ineffective and rather top heavy - tony strange, look at making the cuts from there because you have a lot of branch & program directors and regional people who don't work a great deal, let alone ever kick in and help the field staff. gentiva has been progressively unprofessional, unethical and dishonest with staff. we are not desperate (which is what we were told at our branch at a meeting...."you need us, we don't need you....you are all replacable." so many of us have moved on. unfortunately, kharma will get you. you have lost a great deal of caregivers and you seem to be replacing them with heartbeats and warm bodies. patients are seeing this poor quality of service, doctors are aware, and referrals will slow, especially when they find the quality therapists and nurses are going to other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva