Staff very supportive.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Liverpool, NY
Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Liverpool, NY

I worked at Gentiva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Manager very understanding and easy to communicate with.

Cons

Long hours and repetitive charting.

Value employees and understand the importance of family life.

Other Reviews for Gentiva

Worked directly with absolutely Great people but Corporate management seems completely focused on their balance sheet.

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at Gentiva full-time for less than a year

Pros

The character and compassion of the (disposable) people who you work with. ...... And if you like being used, lied to and then unceremoniously discarded with one day's notice & a two week severance package, Gentiva is a wonderful place.

Cons

Corporate Leadership's history (and future) of closing offices and terminating employees because last month's plan is changed to not being in this month's plan. ..... One day you're told that you're doing a great job and the next you're told that you're no longer needed. Gentiva has become a company that makes money off their employee's compassion but has no compassion for it's employees.

You're on the path to move from being the "biggest player in the market" to becoming a business school "case study" on how to completely loose sight of what made you successful. .... And changing your name to try to avoid the bad reputation you're building in the market is not "a fix".

Hostile working environment - for me

Current Employee - Care Team Coordinator  in  Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Care Team Coordinator in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Gentiva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At first, it was great, and I created my own niche as being in charge of the medical records room, as no one else was at the time. I made sure we were in compliance with all laws

Cons

They set me up to not get my work done on time by asking me to do a lot of other things. one gal that had been there a long time apparently felt threatened by me, she was about my age and we had both gained 40 lbs. I lost mine, but she didn't. She told everyone that I was doing illegal drugs - soooo not true.

I had an excellent relationship with my boss until after 3 1/2 years, I went on a vacation. When I came back, he had somehow been turned against me and interrogated me for at least an hour about doing drugs. I am a 56-year-old grammy!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva.

Worked for Gentiva? Contribute to the Community!