Gentiva

We must be unique here?

Current Employee - Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Hot Springs, AR
Current Employee - Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Great pay--and I've worked in a number of settings and cities, flexible schedule, great camaraderie and morale at home office and during meetings, fun place to work, supportive and encouraging management in my home office, good communication and effective staff meetings. We are like a big, fun family here at Gentiva.

Rewarding job, and great pay doing what you love!

Cons

Sure we may have to travel farther than we like sometimes, but we do get paid for mileage in addition to a great visit rate for pay-per-visit clinicians.

As compared to working at a nursing facility where you are in constant contact with other disciplines, I can see how it seems teamwork may not feel as relevant in home health. But that's what you have the weekly team meetings and co-worker phone list for, and our interdisciplinary communication is excellent.

Keep up the awesome work. We have a fun, hardworking, great team (at least at my office)

259 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

Unacceptable reimbersment for mileage. No where near the federal level and long distances to travel eveyday.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Able to work with a flexable schedule. Field staff members are great to work with. Feedback from patients is wonderful, it makes me happy I chose to be a nurse.

Cons

TOO much paperwork, too many meetings, driving distances between patients TOO far. Management unaware of needs of field staff. Communication between field staff and office breaks down often. Lost paperwork in office that field staff must do again after not getting paid to do it the first time.

At least increase gas mileage reimbersement to an acceptable level. Pay staff for paperwork that they do after work hours.

Low pay for employees, low rent behavior by managers

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

Experience working under all kinds of adverse conditions, all kinds of management out to cheat you of fair pay for work performed. It will teach you a lot of the underhanded ways corporations take advantage of workers in health care, by using their good nature and willingness to help people, to trap them into working for almost nothing. Sadly, they succeed in this for awhile, until the employee wises up and leaves. Experiencing this kind of treatment can be good, helps you to recognize it when it happens again, so you can get out faster.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, no-brained management or worse, scheming management. Tons of paperwork for no pay. The per visit pay scale is a joke. The office staff can make it unprofitable for you to work by scheduling your work visits way far apart so your driving time isn't compensated. Pay for being on call is ridiculous. Did I mention low pay?

Make an honest living instead of spending your time scheming how to get out of paying your workers a fair share of the profits you make from milking the Medicare program and private insurance companies out of money meant to go toward health care. Share more with the people who actually do the work. They deserve it, not the shareholders. If someone is going to profit from health care funds, if more funds are going to be paid out than need to be, then people in direct care should do at least ok. NONE of your nurses or home health care aides are earning a decent livng.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva