Gentiva

Great Company

Current Employee - Location Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Location Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Thoughtful leadership that balances good business. Good employees are what they desire and are willing to provide for in order to retain them.

Cons

Your biggest customer is the federal government; reimbursement for the great job you do is annually devalued.

Don't hesitate to eliminate a game player when you find them.

237 Other Employee Reviews for Gentiva (View Most Recent)

Gentiva has so much potential BUT...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Crestview Hills, KY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Crestview Hills, KY

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Flexible provided management does not need you to visit patients even if you are over 30 plus visits a week. Good health insurance coverage but be prepared to be forced to use mail order for prescriptions.

Cons

I had high hopes for this organization. I will be employed going on three years. My background is critical care and I am currently working on my Master's Degree. Managment is old school thought and only concerned with the bottom line. Archaic paper work which I find frustrating particularly since Gentiva did a study with Microsoft in 2002 on EMR. Paper work would be managable if you did not have so much redundancy. Multiple forms are to be filled out for the same information! Pay is okay but not what I would call reasonable for the amount of work a case manager does during the week. Therapists do less paper work and earn more money.

Computer charting, come into the 21st century with charting and networking. Listen to your employees, and become more organized in the office. I may be some what obsessive when it comes to organizational skills and patient care, but I become frustrated when a manager calls you three times over the course of two weeks regarding the same matter you addressed and she approved with the first phone call. I cannot stress enough EMR! Frustrating when the office loses paper work and you are expected to refill out what they have lost. Good practice is to make a copy of everything so at least you can verify you are not crazy.

Gentiva Financial Services Unit

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

Generous PTO, 20 days to start, up to 30 depending on length of service. As far as medical insurance, the deductibles and coinsurance were quite reasonable1q2

Cons

Promotions given to management favorites based on who they like. Employees with way more knowledge/experience get denied. The people they promote are "yes people", and won't challenge management very often. A more experienced person will speak up if they feel there is a better way that things should be done in our department. Management thinks they know everything, even though they are not the ones doing the actual work. The bonuses are miniscule in comparison to the money we bring in. Would you feel appreciated if you received a $50 QUARTERLY BONUS after your department billed and collected millions? I think not.

Business is business, friendship is friendship, and the lines should not be blurred. If an employee has a valid and reasonable issue that can be resolved by another department, management should help make sure that the supervisor or manager takes care of it. What happens at Gentiva is that the issue does not get fixed because the person you had the issue with is their friend. Which means you may have to somebody else's job in addition to your own since they refuse to make the employees in their department do it. If you are given the opportunity to voice concerns in an open forum with management's higher ups, they want to know what you plan to ask the higher ups so they can filter what you say. If you do make the mistake of telling them, they will say " I don't think you should say that. We don't want to throw Jane Doe under the bus." The higher ups didn't know about a lot of the issues we had because our management team did a very good job of protecting each other, to the detriment of the employees. I found out that the DME division is going to be sold. I feel bad that my former coworkers will be out of a job, however, I am glad that management's regime will be coming to an end shortly. I hope they enjoy their last days, because they will not be able to get away with this at their next company.

There are newer employer reviews for Gentiva