Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Full Time Administrative Employee in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Full Time Administrative Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Gentiva

Pros

Everyone works as a team & the manager cares about each of her employees. The PTO is great. Work hours are flexable and everyone is so nice.

Cons

Because the company is so large communication can sometimes be an issue. It's a challenge making sure everyone is on the same page.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind, and make sure you try to visit as many locations as you can. It is very important that employees can put a face with the name.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great if patient-focused

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

terrific educational opportunities; great programs to benefit Seniors; fair pay; trying to standardize across the country; some great clkinical managers

Cons

communication clarity and style needs to be positive rather than punitive; need to have more practical respect for clinicians in the field

Advice to Management

being a publicly traded company may be good for stock holders, not so much for the Seniors

2. Poor Workplace Choice

Former Employee - RN, Case Manager in Goldsboro, NC
    Former Employee - RN, Case Manager in Goldsboro, NC

I worked at Gentiva

Pros

I felt I really made a difference in the lives of my patients. They were always happy to see me and very thankful for the care I provided to them.

Cons

Overworked, management expects you to work 16 hour days 2-3 days a week without being paid for it. Horrible reimbersment for mileage and excessive travel. Constant paperwork and charting issues, lack of computers and duplication of forms and excessive forms to fill out. Pay per point system with no compensation for hours worked on paperwork which is always after hours. Too much on call and weekend work with no compensation. No appreciation from supervisors for excessive work and very few "thank you's for anything". Unable to get help on days when your schedule is very overloaded and then patients being taken from your schedule on other days when someone else's schdule is short.

Advice to Management

Tony Strange needs to open his wallet and realize good patient care stems from good happy employees and he should pay them what they deserve and give MUCH better mileage pay and decrease charting by using electronic charting. Profit is obviously the bottom line for Mr. Strange and his corporate employees.