Gentle Dental & Orthodontics

www.gentledentalcareers.com

Relatively good place to work in as an associate general dentist compared to other dental companies.

Current Employee - General Dentist  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - General Dentist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

-Pretty good systems in place (at least compared to other dental corporations I've worked in) to help manage day to day activities.
-If full time: malpractice insurance paid for, supplies are supplied as well. Medical and dental benefits are good also, as well as other benefits one can have (it, 401K, or other retirement plans)
-Ethical place to work in (yes, believe it or not, for a dental corporation!). Good perio protocol in place. Dr is free to diagnose however they choose, so did not get too much pressure for trying to "sell" a treatment plan that wasn't of the standard of care.
-company paid CE available, especially when first starting out with the company. Basic practice management and risk management is talked about--these are things you do not get in dental school.
-yearly "getaway" meeting at a nice hotel/resort with employees from different regions and offices, and seminars/lectures from those from upper management, including the CEO. General "mission goal" explained to everyone.
-opportunity for mentorship from a senior dentist

Cons

-Relatively lower pay production rate than other places. But then again, the benefits are good, so that may outweigh things.
-When I wanted to leave the company and go venture off on other opportunities, their "pep" talk for convincing me to stay was basically a conversation about how great their benefits were. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have anything better to say other than the "great" benefits they have.
-the upper management (ie, CEO, etc) speeches during the seminars are great and motivating. their ideas they had for how to better manage an office were good. The only disappointing thing I found was that those ideas I wanted to apply once I got back seemed to be "hindered" a bit by the middle management. I felt like there could be a little "cleanup" with some of the middle management employees (ie, regional managers, etc).
-you have to schedule your vacation time a year ahead! (this is for full time employees only)

As someone had mentioned before in this same thread, you need to take a harder look at what is truly going on in the offices. The high morale in an office I wanted to feel isn't quite what I felt when I went back to the office after some of the meetings/lectures/seminars I went to.

Other reviews for Gentle Dental & Orthodontics

Great place to work if you want to perform same function for your entire career.

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Fair/good pay ray.
    Supply everything you need to perform job function.
    Management is available to employee.
    Co workers are relatively competent.

Cons

Even though management is available, they only listen to their very "top" employees...until they get tired of hearing it. Change is resisted.
    No real opportunity for advancement. For most employees, you will do the job you were hired for your entire time spent with them.

Upper echelon is so far removed from the clinical licensees...even though they visit the offices, have their conferences and talk a great talk...it never seems to "trickle down" to the practice level.
    Real change is never achieved!

More Business Please

Former Employee - Office Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

fThe hours are very flexible and weekends off is great

Cons

The pay is low and no promotions based on work ethics,, very personal environment.

Less personal issues and more about business

There are newer employer reviews for Gentle Dental & Orthodontics.

Worked for Gentle Dental & Orthodontics? Contribute to the Community!