Gentle Dental & Orthodontics

www.gentledentalcareers.com

A patient mill

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsOverall good Dentists in the practices. Overall decent equipment and furnishings in the offices. Many different offices to move to (for staff people).

ConsPoor managment and HR practices. Basically, Gentle Dental of Oregon is a patient mill. Its all about how much you can harvest from each patient. As a PCC (Patient Care Coordinator) I felt first hand the pressure to get the numbers. There is no incentive other than the threat of being fired. And the threat is constant, employees are like patients...to be used up then discarded. The pay is low, the benefits are low and the hours demanded are very high. They expect you to work 50 to 60 hours a week including weekends. Mangement is generally of poor quality, if they know the dental business at all (and some dont) there focus is on the daily and monthly production goal, not patient care...or even doing the minimum necessary. For example, by far most "honorable" Dentists will only charge out a single restoration if there are 2 areas on a tooth that need the filling. However, at Gentle dental they charge out for two separate fillings on the same tooth. This costs the patient more in co-pay and ultimately the insurance pays more for it. Yes, it can be done...but its kind of a low thing to do. The bottom line is dont work for this company either as a staff person or a dentist. They will use you to the max and spit you out when you are exhausted.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry paying the going wage for your staff. Sure the employment market is soft, so you can get away with hammering your employees, but it shows in turn-over and gives your company a bad reputation. Which so far as I can see is well deserved. The monthly goal is not the sum total of good dentistry.

Dentist salary

Dentist (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Gentle Dental & Orthodontics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Gentle dental university Help from clinical director with legal problems. Cons: Constantly pushed for production, quality of the work doesnot matter if dentist produce money to company. Always changing staff, DA are not qualified to… More

Relatively good place to work in as an associate general dentist compared to other dental companies.

General Dentist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gentle Dental & Orthodontics full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Pretty good systems in place (at least compared to other dental corporations I've worked in) to help manage day to day activities. -If full time: … Cons: -Relatively lower pay production rate than other places. But then again, the benefits are good, so that may outweigh things. -When I wanted to leave… Advice to Senior Management: As someone had mentioned before in this same thread, you need to take a harder look at what is truly going on in the offices.… More
There are newer reviews on Gentle Dental & Orthodontics.

Worked for Gentle Dental & Orthodontics? Contribute to the Community!