Do NOT work here

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The things I liked about working here were the actual colleagues that happened to be employed at the same time. Their professionalism and skills are what give Gentle Dental a good name.

Cons

The challenges of working for this company were most specifically the Director of my specific location as well as the corporate headquarters. They really only care about bringing more money in as opposed to caring for their patients. Employees are not treated fairly, not compensated fairly and do not have support from headquarters in terms of safety. There are live and dead cockroaches in gloves boxes and there was minimal to no effort made to change the location or system of going into the creepy basement with a man living there in order to turn off the compressor at 9pm.

Advice to Management

The work to life balance was ok for me because it was dependent on my specific Dentist's schedule and she was very fair. However, the compensation for your workers (paying less than minimum wage or adding additional tasks not under the job description for no additional compensation) is abhorrent. The work environment was unsafe, dirty and stressful every day. Taking your patients needs as well as your employees needs into consideration would make for more profit in the long run.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best place to work......

Current Employee - Manager in Methuen, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Methuen, MA

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for this company 13 years ago and came back because no other office I worked for came close to the great support, understanding,and caring of not only its employees but they truly do put the care of there patients above all.

Cons

I can honestly say the only Con is I wish I was a little closer to home....

Advice to Management

If you have any questions at all help is just a phone call away, the support they have in place is amazing. Help is just a phone call away...

2. Great first year!

I have been working at Gentle Dental of New England

Pros

There is a ton of support for office's and Doctors, so that they can focus on patient care.

Cons

There really aren't any. I think that work has already started in the areas I initial considered issues.

Advice to Management

Please consider enhancing the benefits package. 401k that is matched...more comprehensive dental for family members, life insurance etc.