Genuine Parts

www.genpt.com

Great place to work for those that understand a corporate machine.

IT Administrator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany has made great strides in becoming up to date with technology. Culture is conservative, but VERY friendly. People come first not just in talk, but in practice. Management is not oblivious. Most employees are very driven and very loyal. Promotion from within is very likely. Many diverse areas of work and is somewhat easy to move to a new position/department.

ConsThings change slowly (large corporation). More red tape than is needed. Slower to adapt to new technologies. Sometimes does not understand when to kill a project and start over. Career development can be tough to get from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating people the way you want to be treated. There is a reason people work there so long. You guys are a monolith in the market, put some innovation into the space .

Safe, stable, and fun environment

IT Administrative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Let's clear some fog from other reviews. Regardless of the company, there will always be those who feel entitled or more valuable than they… Cons: GPC is definitely built on older principles and values. This isn't necessarily a negative blow; check the stock prices and annual profits since the… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees, loosen up the tie a bit,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The new Kmart

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Genuine Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Stable, traditional company that has been around forever. Conservative… Cons: The company was innovative in the early years (from the 20's maybe to the 70's) but successive management got content giving maintenance to the "status… Advice to Senior Management: New blood is needed to revitalize or change an old… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Genuine Parts.

Worked for Genuine Parts? Contribute to the Community!