There are newer employer reviews for Genworth Financial

Friendly workers - higher-ups standoffish

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Genworth Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits start on Day One. Great momentum in diversity and inclusion. The workers are great. Compensation at a decent level. Rewards for performance are extremely nice and well-done. Trips to great locations. Tremendous Leadership program.

Cons

There is no work-life balance - a throwback from the GE mantra. Managers are stand-offish. Still mired in GE world. Although, they are making strides in Diversity and Inclusion for minorities there was no budging on forward movement on LBGT's. Promotions are plentiful but no training for those promoted.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Work on a work-life balance. Work harder, not longer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great experience but low pay

Current Employee - Investment Analyst in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Investment Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Genworth Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

excellent opportunity to learn, great exposure and lots of training. Good hours, good vacation and holidays and great opportunity to network and learn from others. Flexibility to work remotely

Cons

low pay and very intractable raise structure. Focused more on norming throughout the division. Low bonuses

Advice to Management

Bring pay inline with the market as Stamford is more on the NYC payscale than CT

I left voluntarily...although not many people do...

Former Employee - Senior IT Systems Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Senior IT Systems Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Genworth Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I joined Genworth soon after graduating college and entered their Leadership Development Program in IT. It gave me a great opportunity to try out different roles in IT and find out what I was most passionate about...and I also got the chance to live in different cities (and countries).

Cons

This company just seems doomed to fail. They re-orged recently, and while they gave the appearance of trying to find a new CIO for Insurance & Wealth Management, they ended up just sticking with the same guy. There are never enough people to do the work in IT...and developers are always stretched across multiple projects. For every full-time employee in a development/programming role, there are probably 20-30 offshore contractors. Problem is, there's a shortage of IT people in Richmond, and it is nearly impossible for Genworth to hire good talent considering their reputation in the area.

Advice to Management

You have so much work to do...

There are newer employer reviews for Genworth Financial