There are newer employer reviews for Genworth Financial

Interned here for the summer after turning down other offers...worst decision ever

Former Employee - Finance Development Program in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Finance Development Program in Richmond, VA

I worked at Genworth Financial as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Work was so pointless and easy. Management was not helpful when asking for more work and i felt like i was smarter than most of my co-workers. Co-workers always complained about doing work and sat and did nothing most of day. Terrible pay as well for FDP Program

Look to develop more talent instead of hiring random employees to do a job that they are not qualified to do.

228 Other Employee Reviews for Genworth Financial (View Most Recent)

Long term care planning specialist

Former Employee - Long Term Care Insurance Specialist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Long Term Care Insurance Specialist in Madison, WI

I worked at Genworth Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to run your own business sort of feel. Generous pay. Extremely competitive product and great leadership for the Midwest territory.

Cons

On the road all day everyday and in a hotel most of the nights.

If you are looking for advancement in your career don't come here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Genworth Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The food is pretty good.

Cons

Well, where do I start. If you are looking to move up the ladder you better either be related to someone within the company, be friends with someone with in the company or your not getting anywhere. I have seen too many times NEW HIRES they only have a few months worth of actual "GENWORTH EXPERIENCE" and get promoted over other longer term employees. It was my impression that the Genworth manual states you must be in a position at least 18 months before you can be promoted. However recent and past events have proven that Genworth's Integrity creed turned out to be a bunch of crap!

This is not in any one unit it's across the board from numerous different employee's I have spoken with. They are tired of being overlooked for promotions and raises.

Another thing is they have WAY too many meaningless meetings that provide NO insight and are mostly a waste of time.

The Management expects work to be completed, however when raise time comes along this company generally gives the LOWEST possible raise.

Treat Your Employees Better