Genzyme

www.genzyme.com

A good place to start

Quality Control Analyst I (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

Pros-The hourly rate is pretty good for the work that is expected.
-They have a blank check policy when it comes to overtime, so there is potential to make a lot more money than just the base.
-The job provides the opportunity to learn various different scientific assays and skills.
-This is a great "foot in the door" job; after a year, an analyst I may choose to move up to many different departments in the company.

Cons-As with any Quality Control job, the work is very repetitive and tedious. There is very little happiness in the lab on a day to day basis. Mix the repetitive nature of the work with the stifling scrutiny of a GMP environment, and you have a truly boring, unfulfilling job.
-While overtime is not legally required, it may as well be. While the money is nice, there are some weeks of twelve hour days that I wish I had back, despite how big the check at the end may be.
-The lab is overmanaged. Management is comprised of between thirteen to fifteen people, so if you make a mistake, you hear about it from all angles. Conversely, of the thirteen to fifteen managers/supervisors, only about two to three of them are in the lab with any regularity; the rest seem to live at their offices which are on the other side of the complex from the lab. At times it can be difficult to find someone to ask a question.

Advice to Senior ManagementStation supervisors in the lab, rather than their offices. Hire more analysts rather than demanding so much overtime.

A positive experience with regard to the respect and encouragement shown by management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Genzyme

Pros: They are a well-run organization with open communication between departments. They… Cons: Much of the work that I spent a lot of time… Advice to Senior Management: Improve your communication to the employees involving pending decisions, and company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Genzyme used to be a great place to work

IT Support (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme

Pros: Making a difference in patient's lives Cons: Lack of management leadership; managers focus all their energies in… Advice to Senior Management: Need to hire managers that inspire their people and their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Genzyme.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!