Genzyme

www.genzyme.com

Genetics Commercial Division is Run Poorly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

Pros- You get to meet the patients you serve
- The products are interesting and have a real place in medicine
- Pay is competitive

Cons- Management in genetics no longer cares about the people they serve; they only care about protecting their position and handing out plum posts to their friends.
- Genetics commercial is an operational nightmare. It is a miracle that they can manage to get drug shipped.
- Strategy is totally misguided and reflects how out of touch genetics management is with reality
- Too many people have not experienced other companies and do not realize how far behind the times they really are.
- Upper management keeps hiring unnecessary people to chase unrealistic goals and the lack of real responsibility among various stakeholders is creating infighting and turf battles.
- It is very hard to hold employees accountable because of the lack of role clarity and unrealistic objectives.
- Career opportunities are surprisingly bad in house and there are no opportunities for development for field employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some seasoned talent from another company to run this division and get your operations sorted out. The company is not fit to compete.

One of the most chaotic scenes in the drug industry. I have 18 years experience and this is scary.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme full-time for less than a year

Pros: Solid pipeline of drugs. Drugs for rare diseases. They do give… Cons: GMP's are subjective. Training is awful and management is detaches from reality. I don't know how… Advice to Senior Management: Leave...just walk away. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Better Independent

Associate Director (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Genzyme full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people. True spirit of helping patients. Novel drugs that truly do make a… Cons: The acquisition by Sanofi has started to change the culture to one more akin to big… More
There are newer reviews on Genzyme.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!