Genzyme

www.genzyme.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genzyme

Restructuring still in progress

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good people trying their best to overcome the issues of consent decree and the Sanofi buyout. Many employees have helped to grow Genzyme from a startup to a major company. Their history and lessons are valuable.

Cons

Constant changes in the way business, training and work is being done. Part of this is due to Sanofi's increasing influence. Workers are often frustrated and confused with the changes and what is now expected of them.

Make sure your entire way of doing business and work is up to date and modern to keep pace with the current biotech marketplace. Spent a bit less money on new floral plantings every few weeks and more on perks for your hardworking employees.

204 Other Employee Reviews for Genzyme (View Most Recent)

Not interested in its employees in general.

Former Employee - Quality in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Quality in Framingham, MA

I worked at Genzyme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefit. Comparable to other biotech companies in greater Boston area.

Cons

The company is deteriorating. I was surprised at its high turn over of employees through two years working there. A lot people I worked with have left since, especially after the company was bought out and it went 24/7. The management has no consideration of employees in general.

One of the most chaotic scenes in the drug industry. I have 18 years experience and this is scary.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Solid pipeline of drugs. Drugs for rare diseases. They do give many drugs away to those who cannot afford the meds.

Cons

GMP's are subjective. Training is awful and management is detaches from reality. I don't know how they make money. Very clicky. No communication. It is run like a 3rd world factory. Dirty.

Leave...just walk away.