Genzyme
www.genzyme.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

A Place Where Accountability Is Non-Existent For Certain Individuals.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Allston, MA

ProsMost of the people that work there are younger and are therefore more in tune with what's happening outside of the walls of the Genzyme (ALF), leading to a fun work environment.

Also, upper management isn't bad, they are actually really nice, but are oblivious when it comes to how much damage certain department mangers/supervisors are causing to employee morale.

ConsAt least in the department where I worked, it was very "clicky," the facility is staffed 24/7/365, which is divided into shifts (1st. 2nd, 3rd Weekday | 1st, 2nd, 3rd Weekend). This, along with ineffective management, led to a very clear separation between all shifts, which led to each shift blaming the previous, or following shift for whatever went wrong in the lab.
Also, if you are sensitive about race, at all, be warned! There is a clear division between minorities (who dominate the odd and weekend shifts) and whites (who are all on regular business hours, with the exception of a few... which I can count with a single hand.)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bad managers!!!!! I can't stress this enough!!!! The same people that got this facility into consent decree are the same individuals making the decisions about the future of the facility!!!

Seriously, how many times does a manager have to fail "in-house" validation projects before you stop them from managing these projects!!?? (I guess more than 2x)

Literally I have nothing bad to say about the workers, but managers/supervisors allow certain individuals to get away with murder, while blaming other people/shifts for their own mistakes. (Again, this is because managers/supervisors pick favorites, and when I mean favorites, I mean like they let certain workers step all over them so that they can be considered "cool.")

Get a team of managers that really knows what it means to be a team! If they did this place would have been a wonderful place to work, where people dedicate themselves and produce the best results. (Because the majority of workers are extremely dedicated to their work).

The worse part is that the bad seeds in this department aren't many, but they somehow have a lot of pull with certain individuals with upper management.

Good benefits bad GMP.

Quality Control Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefit, good pay, bonus, job security Cons: under consent decree. poor GMP, and management does not… Advice to Senior Management: Quality comes first, not product Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Restructuring still in progress

Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good people trying their best to overcome the issues of consent decree and the Sanofi buyout. Many employees… Cons: Constant changes in the way business, training and work is being done. Part of this is due to… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure your entire way of doing business and work is up to date and modern to keep pace with the current… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Genzyme.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!

Genzyme – Why Work for Us?

Genzyme is committed to discovering and delivering transformative therapies for patients with rare and special unmet medical needs, providing hope where there was none before. Corporate Overview Genzyme has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genzyme reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Genzyme CEO Christopher A. Viehbacher. All reviews posted anonymously by Genzyme employees.