Genzyme

www.genzyme.com

Excellent job - excellent talent - Genzyme is really on the upswing.

Associate Director (Current Employee) Worcester, MA

ProsThe company is completely committed to treating unmet medical needs by doing the best science possible. Now that it represents a leading part of the North American research hub of Sanofi Corporation, it has the maturity and structure of a Pharma company but still retains its small company feel.

ConsIntegration into the larger Sanofi network has been confusing and bumpy at times. There is a little lower compensation than before, but more vacation time. For a company Genzyme's size, the Clinical production facilities are a little skimpy.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to maintain Genzyme's independence while we integrate. Now that our manufacturing is on its feet, please start putting more resources into early stage development programs.

Never a dull moment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Genzyme full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Very dedicated staff. Family atmosphere. People rally together to get the work… Cons: Difficult work life balance. Benefits could be better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company vision/mission...poor leadership and communication

Training Specialist (Former Employee) Framingham, MA

I worked at Genzyme full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company vision and mission; life-saving products; good compensation and benefits… Cons: Some business units suffer from poor management/leadership; poor communication; lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate changes to your employees; take career development seriously and reward… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Genzyme.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!