Genzyme

www.genzyme.com
  www.genzyme.com
There are newer employer reviews for Genzyme

I liked working there in regards to Executive Administration work. The people were friendly and very helpful.

Former Employee - Executive Administrative in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Executive Administrative in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Genzyme full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment and pharma based work is very challenging.

Cons

The pay was not as high as I would have expected and merit increases were not always given.

Management must listen to their employees, in some cases, we have great ideas. This is not relevant to all managers at Genzyme just some that have been set in their ways for some time and would not look outside the box.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Genzyme (View Most Recent)

Resistance Is Futile...

Current Employee - Scientist in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Genzyme full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance, decent pay, still retains a few vestiges of its former biotech glory

Cons

The Big Pharma Borg is slowly but surely assimilating us into its "Boston Hub", and despite all reassurances that they wanted to preserve the "Genzyme Culture" of innovation, blah-blah-blah, it's proven to be impossible. Maybe they really meant what they said, and just can't help themselves, maybe not. But the sad truth is that we're now part of a massive bureaucracy, and every Dilbert- or Kafkaesque nightmare you've heard about such ponderous beasts is proving remarkably accurate. We will eventually drown in the mire of dysfunctional process management, and the question we all face is to accept this and collect the paycheck, or move on to a more nimble, albeit riskier prospect that satisfies the needs of the entrepreneur. It's a tough choice.

Maybe the great lesson of it all is that giant corporations are beyond human comprehension, and the best way to manage them is to avoid creating them altogether. So, "manage" Genzyme as an autonomous subsidiary and stop trying to "harmonize" the organization. Because, frankly, your organizational skills are clearly not up to the task, and its time you admitted it.

Disorganized work environment.

Former Employee - QC Senior Analyst in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - QC Senior Analyst in Framingham, MA

I worked at Genzyme full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for . Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Poor management. Need knowledgeable management. Managers supervisor don't get along. Management never takes responsibility for their action and always throw their subordinate under the bus

Upper management need to investigate why all the good workers leave the company. They need to investigate why there is such a high turn around within a month.

There are newer employer reviews for Genzyme