GeoDecisions

www.geodecisions.com

Geodecisions is slow to reward creativity and accomplishment but fast to punish policy and procedural errors.

Specialized Senior Technical Staff (Current Employee)

ProsSubject matter experts in Geo Enabled transportation systems. Allow some flexibility in working from home.

ConsExcessive meetings, micromanagement, questionable technical competence of Project Managers and more senior levels. Low level of compensation as compared to market rates. Allow employees little leeway in their job or schedule and little independence in how they perform it..
GD is penny wise and dollar foolish. It watches employee expenses very closely and denies many expenses that would be deemed fair by neutral observers.

Company tends to focus on software independence at the expense of their
customers. They take on jobs that can be done with 1/3 of he staff and 1/4 of the time and budget. By using "open" tools (not really open) they have to keep reinventing the wheel thus costing their customers a bundle.
Also, they alienate experienced and capable creating a high turnover of employees. They then try to pass the costs for their mistakes on to their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves and get a new crew in, but don't hire them yourselves, get some honest high level help from very competent Human Resources professionals. Give yourself a modest golden parachute and go home. You will be doing the company a great favor.

Proud to work for GeoDecisions

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at GeoDecisions

Pros: Senior Management cares about the professional and personal needs of employees and strives to be flexible. Fun group of colleagues. We are using evolving technologies to create… Cons: I think it's hard for some people to understand where their contributions fit… Advice to Senior Management: Related to the cons - help all employees know how they fit into the bigger picture so they are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Geo Decisions Do not Value Employees - Stiff Management - Inflexible Policies, Did not keep employment agreements.

Spatial Database Administrator (Former Employee) Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at GeoDecisions full-time for less than a year

Pros: Can't think of any right now. Cons: Breath down employees necks. No room or incentive for creative… Advice to Senior Management: Respect your employees and they will respect you. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on GeoDecisions.

Worked for GeoDecisions? Contribute to the Community!