GeoEye
www.geoeye.com Longmont, CO 500 to 999 Employees

Rude coworkers, wanted to quit from day 1

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Thornton, CO

I worked at GeoEye

ProsGreat benefits, and 4 weeks paid vacation starts from day 1. Good coffee and the free Advil were nice. Looking at the imagery was cool. They use remote sensing software that will look good on a resume and maybe help you get a better job. This was the first job I had where HR was friendly and wanted you to be happy - too bad my 4 bosses didn't care. The company itself was not bad, just the department I was in.

ConsRude coworkers, it was like being back in middle school - absolutely everyone talked behind the back of absolutely everyone. There was not a team atmosphere. If I asked 5 coworkers the same question I'd get 5 different answers. Management was poor and mostly absent. A pretty cold place. I never felt welcome there. The bosses didn't have a clue about how the work was accomplished, and couldn't be used as a resource. There was no motivating of employees to work hard from the higher-ups, so if you wanted to talk s*** or sit on the internet for 8 hours no one stopped you. And once you see those internet sitters and s*** talkers get promoted, what's the point of working hard?

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a professional, team-oriented working environment. Show respect to each other, show respect to those under you, and maybe those rude coworkers will eventually show respect to each other. A department-wide course on basic politeness couldn't hurt. Stop promoting people who don't want to work. Block Facebook and sports websites access.

Wake up and pay your low lvel techies market rate (I'm not 1)

Chief Bottle Washer (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at GeoEye

Pros: Flexable work time. G8 health ins. they actually pay when your sick and cover many doc.'s hospital… Cons: Location, St Louis is inexpensive but utterly uninspiring. Lots of overtime diring lauch windows (I'm on salary) The left hand at times subverts the right hand and… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the tech people. Eliminate the heat ticket system. Reduce Thortons attempted take over of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company

I have been working at GeoEye full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible with time, interesting work, good compensation and benefits. Smart… Cons: Directors and Managers with no Project Management experience leading projects. Advice to Senior Management: Communication is key. More

There are newer reviews on GeoEye.

Worked for GeoEye? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GeoEye reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GeoEye CEO Jeffrey R. Tarr. All reviews posted anonymously by GeoEye employees.