Interesting work with good benefits and time off

Current Employee - Associate Mission Controller  in  Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Associate Mission Controller in Herndon, VA

I have been working at GeoEye full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible schedule
fun con workers
challenging and interesting work
allowed to work independently

Cons

shift work can be tiring

Other Reviews for GeoEye

Good place to work, friendly and helpful co-workers and team, growing company that needs to respond to internal growth

Current Employee - Sales Operations  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Herndon, VA

I have been working at GeoEye

Pros

Great co-workers who are friendly, helpful and highly intelligent
    Growing company with some room for advancement
    Tuition reimbursment and encouragment to gain advanced knowledge and develop professionally
    Teams and employees seem receptive to new ideas and suggestions for improvements/implementations to increase efficiency

Cons

Some lack of internal communication and systems support due to rapid growth

Invest in systems reengineering for improved overall efficiency and customer support as well as accurate insight into business cycles, reportable metrics and internal performance assessments.

Rude coworkers, wanted to quit from day 1

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

I worked at GeoEye

Pros

Great benefits, and 4 weeks paid vacation starts from day 1. Good coffee and the free Advil were nice. Looking at the imagery was cool. They use remote sensing software that will look good on a resume and maybe help you get a better job. This was the first job I had where HR was friendly and wanted you to be happy - too bad my 4 bosses didn't care. The company itself was not bad, just the department I was in.

Cons

Rude coworkers, it was like being back in middle school - absolutely everyone talked behind the back of absolutely everyone. There was not a team atmosphere. If I asked 5 coworkers the same question I'd get 5 different answers. Management was poor and mostly absent. A pretty cold place. I never felt welcome there. The bosses didn't have a clue about how the work was accomplished, and couldn't be used as a resource. There was no motivating of employees to work hard from the higher-ups, so if you wanted to talk s*** or sit on the internet for 8 hours no one stopped you. And once you see those internet sitters and s*** talkers get promoted, what's the point of working hard?

Create a professional, team-oriented working environment. Show respect to each other, show respect to those under you, and maybe those rude coworkers will eventually show respect to each other. A department-wide course on basic politeness couldn't hurt. Stop promoting people who don't want to work. Block Facebook and sports websites access.

There are newer employer reviews for GeoEye.

Worked for GeoEye? Contribute to the Community!