GeoEye
www.geoeye.com Longmont, CO 500 to 999 Employees

Bad decision makers (if you could find one)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

I worked at GeoEye full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInteresting work for some departments. Great people. Good facilities from which to work. Good benefits.

ConsDue to years of poor managment decisions and a culture of aggression toward the biggest client, this company was bought out by DG and no longer exists. NO work/life balance for "critical" employees. No telecommuting policy (Thanks to the CEO). Some departments did not believe in training their workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn to make decisions, then take ownership of them. Do not throw your employees under the bus to take the fall for your bad or inconsistant direction. Don't abuse (verbal) and neglect (no training or direction) your employees and expect them to stick around to work for long.

Loved working for GeoEye but not too sure what the future holds

Herndon, VA

I have been working at GeoEye full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people. Fast paced environment. Cons: Recently merged with DigitalGlobe. Major layoffs of talented people… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good people

IT Security Analyst (Current Employee)
Thornton, CO

I have been working at GeoEye full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good people that have same goal Cons: management does not care about anyone other than themselves Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on GeoEye.

Worked for GeoEye? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GeoEye reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GeoEye CEO Jeffrey R. Tarr. All reviews posted anonymously by GeoEye employees.