GeoEye

www.geoeye.com

Good company to work for, just needs some slight improvements.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMade efforts to ensure salaries were in line with similar positions. Willing to work with employees schedules to allow for personal needs, including self-improvement through classwork.

ConsOccasional slow periods between work. Lack of career opportunities and ease of access to knowledge of career opportunities. Closed door politics with minimal communication regarding information relevant to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive straight answers to employees, they will respect you more for it than dancing around the truth of issues. Increased improvement regarding implementation of projects. On many fronts employees knew certain ideas management wanted to implement would not work, instead of investigating and listening to employees the management proceeded only to fail for not listening.

Decent smaller company which was then acquired...

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

I have been working at GeoEye full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible hours, relatively small with good opportunities for folks willing to work hard, benefits package… Cons: Was predominantly understaffed, lacked organized priorities and consolidated vision when executing projects. Recently acquired by Digital Globe,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bad decision makers (if you could find one)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

I worked at GeoEye full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Interesting work for some departments. Great people. Good facilities from… Cons: Due to years of poor managment decisions and a culture of aggression toward the biggest client, this company was bought out by DG and… Advice to Senior Management: Please learn to make decisions, then take ownership of them. Do not throw your employees under the bus to take the fall for your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on GeoEye.

Worked for GeoEye? Contribute to the Community!