There are newer employer reviews for Geographic Solutions

The Facts on Benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palm Harbor, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Geographic Solutions

Pros

Here are the benefits currently provided by Geographic Solutions:

Geographic Solutions pays 100% of an employee’s health insurance. Only 14 companies on this year's Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” list pay 100% of their employees' health-care premiums.

Geographic Solutions primary health insurance is currently a PPO plan. This also includes a small Life Insurance policy. Other health insurance options are available.

Geographic Solutions provides a cafeteria plan of additional benefits such as dental, vision, gym membership etc.

Geographic Solutions has provided an employer match to their 401k plan every year since I have worked at the company.

Employees initially receive 20 paid days off per year (Holidays/ PTO). Average in the US is 14 days for less than 1 year of service.

After 3 years of service paid days off are increased to 32 days. Average in the US is 18 days for 3 years of service.

Paid Time Off days do not expire and can be cashed in if not used.

Telework program is available (1-2 days per month) .

Cons

Geographic Solutions pays 25 percent of the employee’s health care insurance costs for additional family members and dependents. Employee premium is paid at 100 percent.

Keep the benefits package as flexible and competitive as possible as this is important to many of the employees in the organization.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Geographic Solutions (View Most Recent)

Developer Sweatshop

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Geographic Solutions

Pros

The best thing about Geographic Solutions is that there is no dress code. I wore shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops the whole time I worked there. Only when there are visitors do you have to dress up.

Cons

You don't get a chance to do a good job here. The emphasis is on quantity and speed: get as many things done as quickly as possible. There is tons of spaghetti code and the software is always breaking, so you are always fixing things. There were 5 development managers while I was employed there and none of them were able to change the way things are done because the owner just pushes for faster/more. QA can't test fast enough, so changes aren't fully tested and then development gets blamed. The best thing I ever did there was leave.

Put an emphasis on quality instead of quantity. Hire some real project managers and put a true SDLC in place.

Two Thumbs Up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Geographic Solutions

Pros

I have just recently joined Geographic Solutions and I have found it a breath of fresh air compared to other places that I have worked. Management seems to really care about their employees. I really like the benefits.

Cons

I have not seen any real downsides other than a significant amount of responsibility and the high expectations that are placed on me.

Please continue to put your heart and soul into the running the company as it is making a significant difference in peoples lives all over the country.

There are newer employer reviews for Geographic Solutions

Worked for Geographic Solutions? Contribute to the Community!