George Junior Republic

www.georgejuniorrepublic.org

Used and abused

Treatment Team Coordinator (Current Employee) Grove City, PA

ProsThe young men that are placed at GJR are generally very rewarding to work with. I feel that I have been able to have a positive affect on many of their lives in one way or another during my tenure at GJR.

ConsTerrible work hours for social worker/ TTCs; no appreciation from administration; focused only on what you do wrong and never say what you do right; you don't learn how to do something until you either haven't done it or you do it wrong; supervisors are mean and condescending; the entire place is dysfunctional from the top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell your employees that they do something right once in a while!!!!! Act like you actually care about something other than money!!!!! Figure out how to make the supervisors get along and stop playing games so that the people under their supervision do not have to suffer!!!!!

Mostly positive

Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at George Junior Republic full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lot's of opportunity for professional development, flexible schedule, company is ethical and values… Cons: Work can be lonely at times as you do not see co-workers regularly, compensation is not impressive, stress level is… Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hostile Youth and Supervisors, CYA!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at George Junior Republic full-time

Pros: Benefit package is good for full timers. Cons: Scary workplace, youth are very hostile and violent and management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on George Junior Republic.

Worked for George Junior Republic? Contribute to the Community!