There are newer employer reviews for George Mason University

Associate Director

Current Employee - Associate Director in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Associate Director in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at George Mason University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and opportunity. GMU gives employees a lot of leeway to expand, grow and develop their position. Because it's a newer university, it isn't guided by old traditions that create needless restrictions as some older universities.

Cons

GMU is a mid-level public university. It does not yet have the prestige of a top-tier or even public flag-ship university, which can make it difficult to build connections outside the college and acquire funding for projects.

reviews filtered by
  1. Love my job!

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at George Mason University part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The main reason why I love this job is because of the people I work with. Everyone is friendly and we get along really well. I also get paid above minimum wage o basically sit on a phone all day and answer questions about Financial Aid.

Cons

I do no like the fact that we have to deal really rude people during the beginning and end of the semester. Attitudes I can deal with,but the yelling that some people do because their loans didn't pay out time, can cause headaches on some days.

2. Great place to work, but the pay isn't very competitive.

I have been working at George Mason University

Pros

Great people, work life balance, nice atmosphere, good benefits, job security, etc. I like working here, it's a nice balance of hard work and enjoyable work environment.

Cons

Low salaries, parking isn't free, high turnover, bureaucracy, etc. This is a state job, so you can't escape some level of bureaucracy. However, with all the various University policies it can become a little inefficient.

NA