George S. May

www.georgesmay.com
  www.georgesmay.com
There are newer employer reviews for George S. May

Challenging, yet exciting work environment

Former Employee - Staff Executive in Park Ridge, IL
Former Employee - Staff Executive in Park Ridge, IL

I worked at George S. May

Pros

The variety of work and the consulting experience gained
The work day moves at a very fast pace

Cons

It can be difficult to create a work/life balance, due to the constant travel

Due to the high turnover, many employees never have the chance to learn how to gain better control over their projects, and ultimately their paychecks (e.g., use your Project Director as a resource, become an asset to other Project Directors for up-staffing/re-staffing, etc).

20 Other Employee Reviews for George S. May (View Most Recent)

Stay away from George S. May

Current Employee - Special Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Special Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at George S. May

Pros

Free trip to Chicago Il

Cons

I recently was given a 'free' trip to Chicago to attend training for a sales rep position. A lot of people in my class of 40 commented 'this isn't what I was told'. Well that statement is exactly why I walked away from a job with GSM. I asked 2 GSM employees before I came where I would be required to work. Both said in my home area and an area 100km radius around my home. When they presented me with the employment contract, this was not the case at all !!! According to my contract, my work area was well over 100km from my home and their contract didn't even include my home area.

Aside from this, the class trainer taught the class like we were kindergardens. He was rude and disrespectful. I was the only Canadian and I got the feeling that this company did not like Canadians (since he was very rude and disrespectful to me).

The 'free' trip included a luxurious stay in a low class hotel (several people complained that their rooms hadn't even been cleaned when they arrived).

So unless you want to waste a week of your valuable time, my advise is....STAY CLEAR OF GSM !!!

Learn how to treat people.....maybe with a new concept called respect

Avoid this company at all costs

Former Employee - Staff Executive and Project Director in Park Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Executive and Project Director in Park Ridge, IL

I worked at George S. May

Pros

There are some very good people working in the field. Some of them are very knowledgeable and try to do what’s best for the client. They don’t try to squeeze the last dime out a client in order to keep the job running.

Cons

Management sends you on jobs that they know don't have enough money to anything significant for the client. They then pressure you to get any money you can from the client. I spent countless days working for nothing because the client couldn’t pay. If they take a note from the client, they won’t pay you for your work if you are no longer employed by George S. May. Getting paid for services that I rendered and not paying me doesn’t seem to bother them, but then ethics are not their strong suit.

You should hire some of your own consultants to fix the company. For a management company, you don't seem to follow the advice you want us to give clients.

There are newer employer reviews for George S. May