Good Summer Job

Former Employee - RHO Coordinator  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - RHO Coordinator in Washington, DC

I worked at Georgetown University full-time for less than a year

Pros

On-campus housing is provided, and this job develops good customer service experience. A good way to stay around the university in the summer and make some money to boot. No experience required.

Cons

The larger organization is sprawling and rather poorly organized, so a good experience depends on a good RHO Coordinator. Also, some dorms are far busier than others with events and check-ins.

Provide a better system for training employees--the current training is tedious and doesn't address many issues which actually arise.

Other Reviews for Georgetown University

I did not enjoy the experience with Residence Life at Georgetown.

Former Employee - Resident Assistant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Georgetown University as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Residence Life is always a good choice - engaging with residents, planning programs for them, being a resource for them, and watching them grow is great. The benefits are also great with Residence Life

Cons

The administration is very by-the-books - they do not make exceptions for anything, even when sometimes the exception would be in the best interest of both parties.

Upper management should listen to their employees more.

Generic Student Job

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Washington, DC

I worked at Georgetown University as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It was an easy enough job -- offices hiring students seem to have low expectations about student performance, which meant it wasn't very hard work.

Cons

It was super-dull. It took some creativity to find reasons to enjoy coming to work. I ended up hanging out with a couple of the younger permanent employees to have people to chat with on breaks from data entry. They seemed surprised that a student would befriend them -- I got a sense that usually the students and the permanent employees keep to their own cliques.

Students probably know how to use your computers better than you do. It's awesome that you want to help us, and a lesson on using a computer doesn't cause us pain, but skipping/shortening that might make things easier for you. Thanks for being nice and laid-back, though.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgetown University.

Worked for Georgetown University? Contribute to the Community!