Georgia College & State University

www.gcsu.edu
  www.gcsu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Georgia College & State University

Great environment with opportunities to be creative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Georgia College & State University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on your department you will have opportunities to be creative and innovative to achieve the mission of the university. As a relatively small campus, staff have the ability to get involved in committees and councils to influence the direction of the university.

Cons

Like any institution of higher education, politics can get in the way of progress. That is what keeps me from giving 5 stars. On a departmental level, this is not an issue (at least in my area). But on a whole, politics and who is married or related to whom can cause issues.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia College & State University (View Most Recent)

Great place to work as a student in Information Technology and learn extra skills.

Former Employee - Student Worker in Milledgeville, GA
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Milledgeville, GA

I worked at Georgia College & State University as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Working in the IT department the employees are all knowledgeable in their fields and generally seem to enjoy their jobs. As a student worker they understand that education is a top priority and they are extremely flexible with hours. Great family atmosphere full of hard workers.

Cons

Only a handful of people working in IT to support an entire campus, they do a great job with what they can but faculty and staff don't seem to understand the lack of resources and tend to get frustrated when they have to wait more than couple hours to get their problems fixed.

I'm an undergraduate student so working as a stockroom assistant gave me a lot of basic skills not taught in class.

Current Employee - Stockroom Assistant in Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Stockroom Assistant in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Georgia College & State University

Pros

The people are nice there, and they understand how busy you can get with school work. They are always willing to help you out when you don't find something. The fact that you are working in a place full of chemicals, being a Science major in school, really helps you with your Laboratory courses.

Cons

Payment as a student is relatively low compared to other schools. The size of the school can make certain people bored to get bored at their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia College & State University