Georgia Military College

www.gmc.cc.ga.us
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Military College

Good learning opportunity for those new to the IT field

Current Employee - IT Department in Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - IT Department in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Georgia Military College

Pros

Great benefits, excellent time off, almost all of the faculty and staff are a pleasure to work with, able to take ownership of your own projects if you prove you are competent, get to work with enterprise level technology with a small staff, which means you can learn a lot quickly

Cons

Salary could be better, small staff size means that it's nearly impossible to move up in your position unless someone else leaves. Office politics can slow down or kill some of the better ideas. Incompetent people tend to stay in their position for too long due to the conservative nature of the senior management. Don't always get to use or learn the latest technology or practices due to budget constraints or ingrained conservative attitude.

Advice to Management

Identify the incompetent employees and get rid of them quicker, this will make the organization leaner and more agile. Promote employees on performance rather than longevity.

reviews filtered by

Fulfilling but with communication problems

I have been working at Georgia Military College

Pros

Excellent and flexible schedules. Good time off. You can make as little or as great an impact as you want. There is room for advancement. Students' interests really do come first. Some common sense leadership.

Cons

There is a lot of deadwood in this organization. Some faculty and administrators are retained despite their inability to produce, or despite the fact that they cause more problems than solutions.Communication between campuses is not good. No good system in place for making sure all parties are able to stay on the same page about so many different initiatives.

Advice to Management

Put a clear communication plan in place. Work on the culture of GMC. It isn't very collegial, and there is an admin vs. faculty mentality where there does not need to be.

2. Student work study Program

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Georgia Military College part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere was excellent, and it fostered all the requirements to helping me achieve experience as an office assistant. Each day brought about a new and rewarding experience, where I was challenged to utilize my critical thinking skills, that all administrators must possess within their decision making responsibilities.

Cons

I would have like to had more time, and giving more responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you're the greatest.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia Military College