Solid Company, but not as employee friendly as it was Pre-Koch

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large Company, easy to transfer to different divisions or functions. Mostly merit based promotions as opposed to tenure. Generally competitive benefits. Market Based Management keeps the company from making major mistakes.

Cons

Libertarian ownership sometimes misses the fact that they are competing against non-libertarian employers for top employees.

Focus more on non-monetary compensation for employees. Change the culture to be more pay for performance.

Other Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

GP gave a big opportunity when I was young, and I took it and have not look back.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

GP select the talents and retain their employees. Paper products are residential and commercial use, so you know this GP Corporation will be there for a long time.

Cons

Safety is a big deal for the company.Be safe and one incident is too many.

Everyone start at the beginning of the race line, when you get ahead, remember where you started!

Good company to work with

Former Employee - IT Co-Op  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Co-Op in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was only an intern for a year in the IT. Compensated okay, my fellow intern was hired but was under-paid for his position. Good culture, they take care of their employees. Very corporate so beware if you're not the corporate type, it is run by the Koch Brothers. Work/life balance is good, my bosses never take their work home unless they happen to be on call.

Cons

Below industry average pay, okay benefits. Seems like they are scaling back and hiring more contractors, moving current employees to other areas of the company. If you're an intern and thinking about a FT job there, don't hold your breath. Did not see a whole lot of young employees. Paper industry is not doing very well but GP is an exception, they produce many more products than just paper.

Develop young employees more, they are the future that will run the company. Senior management should interact more. You don't know people by face, just names.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!