Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Exposure and experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time

Pros

Georgia-Pacific offers employees a traditional corporate experience. Many of the experienced professionals are willing to assist entry level employees. Sound business principles. Managers are open to employee feedback. Name recognition.

Cons

Ideological philosophies don't always match execution and change can be slow. Younger employees may find career growth challenging and slow. Working at the company sometimes means answering uncomfortable questions about the ownership.

None.

310 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation (View Most Recent)

Positive experience that has allowed be to grow as an employee and person.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at GP is the stability of the company. I enjoy working for my boss, the hours, and work.

Cons

I at times worry about the upper mobility in the company. I have only been with GP a year so no firm reasoning or evidence that strong employees will not move up the ladder quickly but it is something that I question at times.

Get rid of the underachievers regardless of how long they have been with the company.

Solid company with strong culture, really dedicated to its "free market" phiilosophy.

Former Employee - Marketing Strategy in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Strategy in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility to move around, a friend of mine moved from HR to Brand Management on request. Pretty democratic, junior people have a voice in meetings and there is a culture of challenging leaders. Almost everyone is very easy to get along with. A place of integrity.

Cons

Not the most exciting industry, things move very slow in such a huge and static organization. Hard place to get by if you're of the left-wing economical mindset.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation