There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Good in a pinch

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Lovell, WY
Former Employee - Engineer in Lovell, WY

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people were good to work with and there was a sense of community most of the time. Location was nice, close to mountains and small ag/farming community.

Cons

Management was promoted from within mostly but didn't have (in some cases) the technical background or education to back it up. They were heavy with experience (at the time). Long hours and an expectation to work overtime without any extra compensation (as a salaried employee).

Should have better incentives for employees and lower cost benefits for a company of that size.

279 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation (View Most Recent)

Not what it used to be.

Current Employee - Machine Operator
    Current Employee - Machine Operator

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits. Some of the people I work with, or have worked with.That's about all I can say that's good about this company.

Cons

Although the pay is good, it hasn't increased relative to the work load. MBM principles are a joke. Do what I say, not what I do, mentality. Management from middle to upper, uses all the buzzwords frequently. No one holds them accountable for their actions. Don't talk to anyone in HR about any internal problems, they'll just sweep it under the rug and put a target on your back. You won't advance unless you're part of the "Good ole Boy/Girl" network.

Have some concept of reality. Realize that peoples lives, who make less than six figure incomes, are completely different than yours. Seriously, people with degrees shouldn't need advice, isn't that why they make the big bucks?

Great people, good benefits

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time

Pros

Great group of people to work with, good opportunity to learn new skills, good pay and benefits, very focused on safety

Cons

You are expected to work a lot of overtime, sometimes with little or no notice, the plant is very hot in the summer

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!