There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

It was a fantastic place to gain a lot of experience very quickly.

Former Employee - Procurement Specialist
Former Employee - Procurement Specialist

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time

Pros

Jumping into the fire, lots of room for growth, room for advancement, training program detailed out to start your career. Manufacturing int he paper industry is much more vast and has has so many facets to help you learn quickly and be able to apply that throughout your career. You have a group of peers to discuss the program with and that are going through the same thing you are.

Cons

There are very few bad tings to this program except you will likely have to move, you will work long hours (and nights and weekends occasionally too). You will also likely be in a remote area to start as most manufacturing plants are not in thriving metropolises.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No substantial complaints working at Georgia-Pacific.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly co-workers, great benefits and location (downtown Atlanta).

Cons

There aren't very many downsides I can think of. It's a little too 'corporate' for my tastes, but that was expected going in.

Advice to Management

Casual dress code! (In my dreams, I know).

2. Paid based on contribution, career development not rigid - your capability is your limit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You are compensated based on your individual contribution, not on a salary band. Salaries are based on market but bonuses can be really outstanding. - Good people: you never have to worry about theft of employees and people who work there have a lot of integrity. - In Atlanta, on-site gym and daycare. Both are really well run. - Retirement plan: company match awesome and they put in an extra 3-5% outside of match. - Most groups and supervisors allow you to be pretty autonomous, which is refreshing. As long as you're contributing, adding value and getting your work done, no set hours. (I go to the gym at lunch) - Market-Based Management: It really does make a difference in the decisions we make and how we do business. Guess that's why we're one of the largest private companies in the world.

Cons

- Need to update office furniture. - More telecommuting options/flex schedules (like 9-80) in order to attract/retain top talent.

Advice to Management

Use innovation not only in product offerings/processes but also in how to incentivize employees (see cons)