There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Great company with great values.

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Palatka, FL
Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Palatka, FL

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company truly lives its values and pays a competitive salary. Benefits are great and the PTO is acceptable.

Cons

Time demanding. Frustrating dealing with unnecessary issues at times.

Advice to Management

Maintain your values in the face of opposition.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good company if you are at the right facility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time

Pros

Invest in new employees with training and base rate increases, peers are generally friendly and nice to work with. Lots of opportunity to advance within the company quickly.

Cons

Benefits are pretty middle of the road as far as medical. compensation can be low in comparison to other heavy industry. In recent years the location I worked at has shifted to a lot of short term thinking with much less focus on reliability and continuous improvement.

Advice to Management

Be sure to focus on talent retention including base rate increases and training. Also a shift toward long term investment and away from aggressive cost cutting in the interest of creating long term value

2. Was ready to leave at 6 months in to my new job with GP...but things are getting better

Current Employee - Safety Manager
    Current Employee - Safety Manager

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The division I am in has little to zero processes in place at the corporate and plant levels. Anything I can put in place people think I am a genius! Great time to come on-board in my division due to mental models being corrected to align with Koch's MBM methodology and Risk Tolerance.

Cons

Benefits are not inline with publicly held companies of similar size. Relocation benefits are just plain cheap compared to other fortune 200 companies I have worked for in the past. Lack of technology and lack of time dedicated to training employees. As a Koch company audits take place early and often and these audits eat resources in the factory.

Advice to Management

Lay off the audits - give us a chance to catch our breath. Need more support from Corporate in the plants vs. in an email. As a privately held company I would expect your benefits and fringe benefits to outpace publicly traded companies because there is so little information (particularly financial) data available when people do research on the company.