Great company with great values.

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Palatka, FL
Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Palatka, FL

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company truly lives its values and pays a competitive salary. Benefits are great and the PTO is acceptable.

Cons

Time demanding. Frustrating dealing with unnecessary issues at times.

Maintain your values in the face of opposition.

Other Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

Good People

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Mill I worked at was great. Manager has my own best interest at heart. Can work wherever there are opening company wide.

Cons

Frustrating at times to move projects forward due to hoops you have to jump through. Salary wasn't as high as what competitors can offer.

Was ready to leave at 6 months in to my new job with GP...but things are getting better

Current Employee - Safety Manager
    Current Employee - Safety Manager

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The division I am in has little to zero processes in place at the corporate and plant levels. Anything I can put in place people think I am a genius! Great time to come on-board in my division due to mental models being corrected to align with Koch's MBM methodology and Risk Tolerance.

Cons

Benefits are not inline with publicly held companies of similar size. Relocation benefits are just plain cheap compared to other fortune 200 companies I have worked for in the past. Lack of technology and lack of time dedicated to training employees. As a Koch company audits take place early and often and these audits eat resources in the factory.

Lay off the audits - give us a chance to catch our breath. Need more support from Corporate in the plants vs. in an email. As a privately held company I would expect your benefits and fringe benefits to outpace publicly traded companies because there is so little information (particularly financial) data available when people do research on the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!